Sunday, August 23, 2009

Official Return Date

On Tuesday I'll be traveling to Belfast, officially leaving the Republic of Ireland. This also means I'll be going to a new country, Northern Ireland, and techincally I'll need to get a new stamp in my passport from customs. I probably won't bother because I'll only be there 2 days, but from there I'm going to the UK and I'll definitely need a new stamp there. So in order to avoid all the hassle I got from the Irish customs officials, I finally decided it was time to book my ticket back, even though I'm still not quite sure how the rest of the trip will go.

But now I'll have to be in Lisboa, Portugla by November 24th to catch a flight to Dublin and then on to Chicago, getting me back home just in time for Thanksgiving, just like my parents wanted. I've been checking all week for flights and for a while thought I'd be out of luck because all the one-way flights out of Spain were at least $1,000, but then today I thought to look out of Portugal, and found one for just $440. Thank goodness!!!

So although the trip will be a little shorter than I wanted originally, I'll be back for Thanksgiving in the windy city which will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment