Saturday, October 17, 2009

Madrid

I made it to Madrid! After an incredibly lame night of going to bed at midnight in Barcelona (I finally gave in and couldn´t stay out til 4am anymore), I still managed to sleep an hour past my alarm and barely make it to the bus station on time. Luckily, the cab drivers in Barcelona do good work, so I made it just in time and caught my 8 hour bus to Madrid. It was pretty rough, but now I´m here and I already met a few interesting people from my hostel, so we went out for some real tapas and sangria! Then I learned that apparently they are all from seriously Christian schools around the US and one of the boys has never even kissed a girl before and he is 23 years old. At one point I was telling a story about this drunk Aussie that came back to the hostel in Barcelona swearing his head off last night at 4am, and since I was just restating his words I didn´t think about what I was saying, and I managed to quiet the entire table in a milisecond. It was pretty awesome.

Tomorrow, I´m planning on hitting up the big art museum on free day and checking out the weekly flea market, before meeting up with some friends from my Knockanstockan days! Can´t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment