Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Death to all Spiders!


Aarrgh Spiders

I am officially wishing death to all spiders of the world. I don't care how many mosquitoes bite me for the rest of my life, I never want to see another damn spider ever again.

Apparently, I have been bitten yet again by another poisonous spider, and this time it had at least 5 meals off me, spanning the entire length of my leg and all the way up to my arm. I've managed to keep these bites clean though, after my horrendous experience LAST WEEK, but because of the poison, it seems like the bites are still getting infected. These bites also have the nasty side effect of numbing my leg a bit, so while I was just relaxing on the beach in Cannes today, I realized my leg was getting a bit too numb and started freaking out. For some idiotic reason I had walked myself all the way to the furthest beach, and then had quite a long walk back while panicking that I'd never feel my toes again or something ridiculous like that.

I then went to multiple pharmacists, and after being sold allergy pills that I already owned (which of course pissed me off considerably when I realized), I found a very nice pharmacist that sold me some more anti-biotics without having to go through all the trouble of paying a dr. She said usually you need a prescription but I think because I was pretty much having a nervous breakdown she didnt mind bending the rules for me this one time. So now I have another dose of stronger antibiotics which I only had to pay 6 euro for.

Luckily, the numbness has subsided, and I'm going to give the bites one more evening before I start the antibiotics in the morning if it's not better. So we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Update: The spider bites are starting to heal! And without taking the second dose of anti-biotics. Woo!

    ReplyDelete