Monday, July 13, 2009

Anxiety and Procrastination

Less than 48 hours and I'll be on a plane to Dublin.  And I have yet to start packing, not to mention even having acquired all the of things that are needed when planning a long-term backpacking trip.  

I have about 5 bags full of necessities sitting in my room at the moment, waiting to be compacted into little stuff sacks and fit into a giant backpack that must somehow be light enough for me to carry.  And this already gigantic pile doesn't even include clothes.  .  

As for my itinerary, it's been finalized through Sept, at least as much as anything can be finalized for this type of trip and it goes as follows:

July 15-17: Dublin (tourist)
July 18-30: Volunteer at Knockanstockan Music Festival (see website below)
7/31-8/1: Most likely Dublin again (tourist)
8/2-15: Wwoof volunteer at Greenan Farm Museums and Mazes (http://www.greenanmaze.com)
8/15-16: Galway (tourist)
8/17-26: Wwoof volunteer at Tullyboy Farm (see website below)
8/26: Belfast (tourist)
8/27: Ferry to Glasgow (tourist)
8/28-30: Edinburgh for Fringe Fest (tourist)
8/30-9/5: Wwoof volunteer at Craigencalt Farm (http://www.theecologycentre.org)
9/5: Somewhere in Scotland, perhaps finding Nessy!
9/6-18ish: Wwoof volunteer at One World Community Farm and Cafe (http://oneworldcommunity.org)

With 2 months planned, that leaves about another 2 months of unplanned adventure if I'm to make it back in time for Thanksgiving.  Although if I'm having way to much fun, I can stretch it another month til the end of December, but I'll have to be back in time for my grandparent's fiftieth wedding anniversary trip to Costa Rica.  Man, life can be so harsh sometimes.  Right now, I'm thinking I'll make it to London by the end of Sept, Netherlands, Belgium, and France in October and Spain in November (and possibly December).   So that's it!  Next time you hear from me it will be from Dublin!

1 comment:

  1. i hate you, i hate you, i hate you. a million times, i hate you. hahaha, so jealous! i'm sitting in an office with a fairly small window, it's 7:30, you're gone, Joel is about to land in Portland, and I want to be on vaca like you two :( life is harsh. but not for u two. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete