Sunday, November 1, 2009

Seville

I went to Seville because it is reknowned for its Flamenco music. Unfortunately, no one told me that it was mostly a touristy high cost event these days, especially in the winter when the tourists are fewer and far between. So for the majority of my time in Seville, I tried to find the real Flamenco, and I didnt succeed until essentially my last night there. I kept adding days at my hostel so I could find the music, and finally I did. And boy was it worth it! The city itself, is incredibly beautiful, but after the smallness of Granada and Malaga, it was a bit hard to find my way. It took me about 4 days to sorta figure the city out, and by the fifth, I was in love with it.


Going down a tight kissing lane


Friends from South Africa


The Cathedral at night (3rd biggest in the world)


The Barrio at night (old Jewish quarter)


Main plaza


Flamenco at the free touristy spot


View from above


Christopher Columbus resting place inside the cathedral


A giant carved golden alterpiece in the cathedral


Plaza de Espana (they filmed Star Wars here!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment