Thursday, June 18, 2009

Prelim Itinerary

Welcome family and friends to the first post of my European travel blog for 2009.  Many of you have come to me with questions as to what my whereabouts shall be for the next few months.  This blog will hopefully give you some insight into what I'll be up to (pictures and all!), starting with this post; my preliminary itinerary.  By the end of the trip we'll see how close I got to staying the course!

July 15th - Depart for Dublin, Ireland
July 18-30th - Work at Irish Music Festival near Dublin
August 1-15th - Work at a farm in Ireland (TBD)
August 15-31 - Work at a farm in Scotland (TBD)
September - Work my way down the UK to London
October 1-5 - Train to Amsterdam, Tourist
October - France Farming (TBD)
November - Spain Farming (TBD)
Return early December

Luckily, the visas work out such that Ireland and the UK allow six month visas separate from the Schengen countries (the rest of the EU), which allow a 3 month tourist visa all included.   So I could spend up to 6 months going through Ireland and the UK before heading to the rest of Europe and still have 3 more months of legal travel in the EU.  Of course this won't happen, but it's cleared up my time constraints considerably!  

So assuming my body doesn't completely give out from traveler's exhaustion after 2.5 months like it did last time, and assuming I don't blow through all my money in a month, I should be back in the freezing (hopefully not too bad) midwest just in time for the holidays.

More news to come about the specific farms as I start to hear back!

No comments:

Post a Comment